Jaromir Jagr’s NHL career likely came to an end as the Calgary Flames assigned him to HC Kladno of the Czech League, a team he partially owns. Jagr has had an amazing career that started as the 5th overall pick of the 1990 draft with the Penguins. He played with 9 NHL teams and spend 3 seasons in Russia’s KHL. He has 1921 points which is 2nd on the all-time scoring list; only Wayne Gretzky had more. He won 2 Stanley Cups with the Penguins, won an Olympic gold medal and 2 world championships.
Let’s take a look at his top 5 goals:
5. May 14, 1995: Game 5 vs. Washington Capitals in 1st round of the playoffs:
4. April 15, 1991: Overtime winner to beat the New Jersey Devils in Game 2 of the 1st round of the playoffs:
3. October 27, 2000 vs New York Rangers
2. March 13, 1999 vs Philadelphia Flyers
- May 26, 1992 vs Chicago in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. Maybe the greatest goal anyone has ever scored. He beat the entire team!